Thursday, May 10, 2012

New Upcycled Life for My Old Favorite Lucky Brand Jeans

It finally happened...  I completely wore out my old favorite Lucky Brand jeans.  I didn't think it was possible, but I could no longer wear them.  In public, anyway.

It is always sad to let your old favorites go - even if parts are threadbare and indecent.  You just can't part with them, right?  So here's what I did with my old friend - cut away the worn-out parts and repieced the salvaged parts into a new handbag, of course!

And so... my favorite jeans are still with me.  And this bag is so soft - love it!



Started with a few panels of denim from the bootleg area that were still in good shape.  Then added the back pockets to that - one on each side.  Added old favorite labels to each pocket before placing them here.


Original back pocket, but added the leather Lucky tag from the waistband

Added some upcycled suede fringe from an old leather coat to the bottom for extra flair.






And salvaged all of my favorite details from the jeans and worked them into the design...


Belt loop and that small 5th pocket
Kept the "Lucky You" tag from the button fly

Added a magnetic snap and a fun print lining.



And made the strap thin and long for cross-body styling.  Very easy and fun to carry!


It has become my official Festival Bag now, and my old Lucky Jeans are out and about on the town once again! Lucky Me!! :)

My Newly Upcycled Festival Bag

www.uptownredesigns.com
Upcycled Bags Handmade in New Orleans

No comments:

Post a Comment